Tenants can initiate building their credit through Rent Reporting by creating a Lease Record and inviting their Landlord to join FrontLobby.
Tenants can initiate building their credit through Rent Reporting by creating a Lease Record and inviting their Landlord to join FrontLobby. Once the Landlord approves the Lease Record, Tenants can upgrade to FrontLobby Plus to report rent payments to Credit Bureaus like Equifax.
To create a Lease Record and start building credit:
- Login or Sign-Up for a FrontLobby Tenant account
- Open the Record Builder tab
- Click Create My Lease Record
- Enter lease details in the form (note what fields relate to your Landlord)
- Confirm all details on the Lease Review page and click Send
- The Landlord will receive an email with a link to sign up, verify their ID and accept the Lease Record
- After the Landlord approves the Lease Record, it will be visible to the Tenant in the My Lease Records tab
- To share the information with Credit Bureaus and start building credit, upgrade to the Plus plan*
- Open My Lease Records tab and click on your current Lease Record
- Turn on the Rent Reporting Toggle
- Click the Consent Box under your name that says "Yes, please add my rent history to my Credit Report"
*If a Landlord is a Premium member and the Rent Reporting toggle in the Lease Record is turned on, then Rent Reporting to Credit Bureaus is already turned on. In this situation, the Tenant is not required to pay for a Plus plan and only must provide consent as outlined in step 11.